Academic career for young immigrants
“Bildungsberatung Garantiefonds Hochschule (GF-H)” advises and supports young immigrants who wish to begin or continue to pursue an academic career in Germany.
Educational planning and sponsorship in accordance with “Richtlinien Garantiefonds Hochschulbereich (RL-GF-H)”
The GF-H educational guidance programme works together with those seeking advice to develop an individual educational plan and supports young immigrants in the implementation of this plan. It checks whether refugees and late re-settlers meet the requirements for the award of a sponsorship in accordance with “Richtlinien Garantiefonds Hochschulbereich (RL-GF-H)” and decides whether the applications are awarded a sponsorship.
Key topics of the GF-H educational guidance counselling:
- Language acquisition (language levels and suitable language courses)
- Evaluation of previous qualifications obtained abroad
- Measures for acquisition or completion of university entrance qualification
- Range of possible study programmes in Germany
- Recognition of academic achievements obtained abroad
- Selection of a field of study and university applications
- Scholarships and other offers of sponsorship
Koordinierungsstelle Garantiefonds Hochschulbereich (GF-H)
Bundesarbeitsgemeinschaft Katholische Jugendsozialarbeit (BAG KJS) e.V.
Tel.: 0211 9448529